Saturday, October 11, 2014

Excerpt of the Day #1: Moon Face

I paint my eyes to make them tiny and mean.
I drag the liner across my eyelids, setting my eye shape to tiny and mean.
In the cracked, clouded mirror, my eyes stare at themselves. I drag the liner across the lids, shaping my eyes tiny and mean.
In the cracked, clouded mirror, my eyes stare at themselves. My hand drags the liner across the lids, shaping my eyes tiny and mean, smudging in the angles. Without it, I am cute and blank as a doll.
I want to look as awful as I feel.
I want to look as deadly as I feel, but I am 5'5" and my moon round face is pillow soft.
I lie and say I'm 5'7".
I shave my eyebrows and drew them on at a slant.
I pierced everything you could stick a needle in.
And I still can't say no.

No comments:

Post a Comment